I'm averaging about 3 to 4 orders a day. I've also been upgraded to Level 1 Seller. Which allows me to add some "gig extras," meaning I can charge an extra $5, $10 or $15 for an upgraded order. Like if they want it within 24hrs or the original .psd files...
- I love having tracks to run on. Buyers with a vision of what they like are my favorite. They leave the specifics and creative decisions up to me, but I love having the "this is what I was thinking..." conversation.
- The difference between "I have to." vs. "I want to." The latter wins. Everytime.
- Time management. For something that qualifies as a rough comp? 1hr. 2hrs for a nice product. 3hrs for a gem that I'M proud of. The time lessens on each of these phases if I'm really into the project.
- Lucy needs input. It's getting harder and harder to create new designs the less time I have to recharge and get ideas on my own time. I'm considering suspending my own gig for awhile... just so I can have a break.
- I miss getting my hands dirty. It gets lonely in Photoshop. I need to start sketching again, tearing pages out of magazines, shuffling scraps of paper around on my desk... I feel like that would definitely generate new outcomes. I'm feeling stagnant and my eyes are getting tired.